Post all the feedback  I received, I started making the below changes –

  • making the modules (lights/buttons) stronger and more usable
  • Working on the designs to make it more fun

Modules

I ordered some new buttons which were not as flimsy and made a new set of connectors for the lights and buttons. Here is the new version.Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 11.00.19 AM.png

This fits into a standard 8 pin IC holder and is steady and strong

Design

I also started working on prototyping for the final fabrication. This meant I had to test the actual page + figure out how to transfer the design to wood.

Here is a page that has been CNC’ed out. I also tested photo transfer using Mod podge on this page

IMG_20170403_102822.jpg

This worked but is definitely not clean, so my next step is to just take print outs on sticker paper and add it to the lamp.

Below are the newer designs as well –

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 11.07.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 11.05.58 AM

Advertisements